Yanmar Holdings Co., Ltd., Yanmar Co., Ltd., and its group companies and affiliates (hereinafter referred to as “Yanmar”) consider it an important obligation to handle personal information of Customer in an accurate and confidential manner based on the recognition that the trust of Customer is a top priority. For this purpose, Yanmar will thoroughly implement, within Yanmar, the method of handling personal information of Customer in accordance with the content set forth below.
*Yanmar will handle personal information of Customer already held and used by Yanmar also in accordance with the Policy
- Handling of Personal Information
- Acquisition of Personal Information
- Yanmar will acquire personal information of Customer by lawful and fair means. When Yanmar requests Customer to provide his/her personal information, Yanmar will disclose the purpose of acquisition and the content of use in advance and acquire Customer’s personal information, within a reasonable scope of Yanmar’s business and to the extent necessary for the achievement of the purpose of acquisition.
- Use and Sharing of Personal Information
Yanmar will use personal information provided by Customer, within the scope of the consent of Customer and within a scope in line with the purpose of acquisition. Yanmar will use Customer’s personal information for, within the “SCOPE OF PURPOSE” set forth below, the purposes of using the necessary matters for the achievement of Yanmar’s business within a reasonable scope of Yanmar’s business:
Use for Purposes Other than the “SCOPE OF PURPOSE”
When Yanmar needs to use personal information of Customer for purposes other than the “SCOPE OF PURPOSE” above, Yanmar will obtain consent of Customer as to the use thereof, except in the cases permitted by laws and ordinances.
Unsubscribing to Direct Marketing
Customer wishing to unsubscribe to the direct marketing from Yanmar is requested to notify the contact department in charge of inquiries set forth in “5. Yanmar Group Companies, Organizations, Etc.” (hereinafter referred to as “Inquiries“).
- Sharing of Personal Information
- Yanmar may share personal information of Customer within Yanmar.
- Contracting of Administrative Affairs Related to Personal Information Yanmar may contract information
- processing and other administrative affairs to an outside contractor to provide better services to Customer. Yanmar will select a contractor who appropriately handles personal information, make arrangement with said contractor for necessary matters to ensure the appropriate management under the contract or by other juristic acts, and endeavor for the protection of personal information of Customer.
- Provision of Personal Information to Third Party
- Yanmar will not provide personal information of Customer to a third party without consent of Customer, except in cases where Yanmar shares within Yanmar or provides to its business contractors such personal information of Customer; provided, however, that this shall not apply when Yanmar assumes legal obligations, etc. to be observed by Yanmar under the laws and codes applied to personal information or under other special circumstances.
- Procedure of Disclosure, Correction, Etc. of Personal Information
- Procedure of Disclosure, Correction, Etc. of Personal Information
- Fee for Disclosure, Etc. of Personal Information
- Yanmar may request a person requesting disclosure (person recognized as Customer, himself/herself) to pay the cost required for disclosure, etc. In such a case, Yanmar will clearly indicate to that effect in advance.
- Compliance with Laws and Codes Related to the
Protection of Personal Information
- Yanmar will comply with the laws and codes related to personal information protection applied to the personal information held by Yanmar. This Policy is established based on the laws and codes of Japan.
This Policy sets forth the basic policy relating to the handling of personal information by Yanmar, and each Yanmar group company in Japan will endeavor to protect personal information in accordance with this Policy and based on the laws and codes related to personal information protection.
- Measures for Security Management of
- Yanmar will maintain and improve its management system and implement appropriate security measures technically and organizationally to protect personal information from improper access, loss, damage, alteration, leakage, etc. and to ensure the accuracy and security of personal information. Yanmar will restrict entry to its offices handling personal information by outside persons, provide training to all of its officers, employees, etc. engaging in the protection of personal information and, further, appoint a management supervisor in each department handling personal information and endeavor to manage personal information appropriately.
- Continuous Improvement
- Yanmar will make a continuing review and improvement of measures for the protection of personal information to respond to amendments to the relevant laws of Japan, changes of handling methods and environmental changes.
- Yanmar Group Companies, Organizations, Etc.
- For inquiries, please contact us at Inquiries.
- Each group company may individually determine and disclose a personal information protection policy of its own when any such group company finds it necessary in view of its business conditions and its conditions for the use of personal information, etc.
- Protection of Personal Information of Employee
- Yanmar will handle the personal information of its officers and employees (including seconded employees, retirees and dispatched employees) obtained at and after their employment in accordance with the personal information protection policy of the Human Resources Department separately established. Yanmar will use the personal information of applicants for employment within the scope necessary for the determination of employment, and will handle even the personal information of those who do not receive offers of employment in accordance with the provisions of Item 1 through Item 6 above. In either case, any request for inquiry, correction or deletion of personal information or any consultation or complaint will be reported to Inquiries as set forth in Item 5 above or to Inquiries at the Human Resources Department. Yanmar will in some cases provide the personal information of its officers and employees to third parties to promote communication among its employees and retirees. In this case, Yanmar will provide data and information to third parties, to the minimum extent necessary, in writing or in electronic media. Yanmar will discontinue providing data to third parties when requested by its officers and employees for legitimate reasons.